Tonight’s the State of the Union address. Yawn. If I didn’t see Obama every day on the telly, this might be interesting. What will be interesting is:
- How he’ll spin the state of the economy. Will he continue to blame Bush? Or will he use the December numbers to claim the economy is improving (ignoring seasonal hiring and seasonal spending, which tend to drop once the season is over)?
- How many times he’ll use the words, “I,” “me” and “my.” I would recommend against drinking every time he uses one of those words. There is such a thing as alcohol poisoning, people.
- Odds he’ll talk about the victorious pull out from Iraq and impending pull out from Afghanistan? High. Not sure either are much to boast about though.
- With the Occupy movement falling out of favor, will he align himself with them in the SOU address?
- Will he boast about nixing the Keystone Pipeline, killing jobs and making the US less environmentally secure? I guess the real question is, how far to his far left base will he play in this speech?